Friday, January 15, 2010

My Thoughts

"It was fun to be with fifteen other people who want to change theirs lives too. The excitement was infectious. Pictures were taken, individual, teams and the entire group. (These will be the before pics). We were weighed in and our measurements taken."

Excerpt from my first journal entry. Our "official" Biggest Loser Program started last night. To tell you the truth, I am overwhelmed with information. I am not sure how those who work full time are going to do it. It takes so much time and energy to get everything started. Our meetings will be three hours long and one of those hours is a workout. Ohhh...did that kill me. I am so sore today. It helped to see the others struggle just as much as I did. I really need to have others doing this with me.

I think the biggest help though, is the prayer and devotions.

In the book "What Have You Got To Lose", Stephen Arterburn says there are seven keys to losing your burdens. The first one is surrender. "So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor" (1 Peter 5:6) "You must be willing to discover what is driving your negative behaviors and want healing more than you want your false comforts".

Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Dee said...

What a great sounding program. I am sure you will do well. I look forward to following your progress.

Becky said...

Sounds like a great program. I know what i have to do to loose weight sew my mouth shut! Anyhow prayers are with you

Rebecca said...

Good! I'm glad the first meeting was motivational and inspiring.