Friday, October 15, 2010

Front Lines

I pretend I would be this incredible missionary and bring the "Good News" to people around the world world.  I pretend I would be able to live in exotic places and walk around in peaceful and beautiful surroundings sharing my "Worldly and Godly Wisdom" to those who know no better.  I am naive.

I have a dear friend,  Jami and her husband Brian, that after years of knowing and wanting to minister to missionaries and people in Africa, finally made it.  She has a blog and been sharing her journey of getting to that place.  Please take a moment or two to read her compelling latest entry.  She and her family are truly on the front lines. 

I realize that it takes very special people to missionary work and as sad as I feel, I am not one of them.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I have often dealt with this mindset too, Gina, but the Lord showed me that sometimes my mission field is within the confines of my own home, or even in the checkout at WalMart as I show kindness to a clerk.

Never underestimate where and how God can use you!

Blessings to you, dear friend.

Dee said...

Hi, It is good to see you blogging again. That is a Very touching blog.I feel that Missionary's are called by God similar to a pastor's calling. I think to support a missionary family in prayer and finances joins you with their mission of bringing others to Salvation.