Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Bugs, Viruses and Rashes

I called Dell, they don't have warranties on computers over three years old. Called the "Geek Squad", they don't work on computers on-line over three years old...you have to have someone out to the house or take it in to have it serviced, but the warranty is only for 30 days. The virus is driving me crazy but the cost of having it taken care of is outrageous, so I trudge through and WALLAH, I am able post tonight. After consulting with Angela, we think it will be better to invest that money into a new computer...don't know when, but until then, I will have to fight the virus.

Lance came home from the work program Wednesday with a rash on his waist and hip. After his shower I gave him some Benadryl and sent him to bed. Thursday morning his chest and back were covered with scarlet colored welts. By that afternoon it was spreading to his arms and legs...in we go to see the doctor. The doctor was fascinated with it and told us it was very impressive and most definitely an allergic reaction to something, what it could be is any one's guess. He gave Lance two injections and a prescription for steroids and Clariton. Friday, Lance was scheduled to go to a respite home for the very first time, we had to send five different meds and hoped they will dose it correctly. We needed to fight this rash so he could have a good time.

In the mean time, I woke up with a stiff neck and an intestinal flu bug, I had to cancel physical therapy, take Lance to the doctor's, get everything together so I could pack for him and go see my Chiropractor. How do you fight a flu bug when you have so much to do?

Well, I am hoping for the best for the computer virus. Lance's rash is almost gone and he really enjoyed his weekend. We now know that there is a place for him to go if Kevin and I need to get away. I rested and recovered Saturday morning while Kevin was working and Lance was gone. By that evening we were able to go to Partridge Creek with Oliver, got a peanut butter and chocolate milkshake and listen to the band that was playing.

Things are never quite as bad as they seem. (Well almost never...I keep having to click off the antispyware pop-up balloon, grrrrrrr!!)

No comments: