Thursday, April 15, 2010

Kicking And Screaming

Well I did it.  I took my first kickboxing class.  It was Fun with a capital F!!!  When I first arrived, I realized I was the biggest person there.  The others were thin and fit and already warming up on the spin bikes (another class I may join one day).  I nervously looked around and thought, oh boy, am I in trouble.  Within a few minutes of standing there the personal trainer came in wanted to start right in.  At that point a familiar looking person came up to me and low and behold it was a friend from years back.  We went to church together and our children were in the Children's ministry together.  She said not to worry and to take it slow and easy. 

At that point we started.  I want all of you to know that not only did I not take it slow and easy, I kept up with everyone!!  My old friend even committed about how well I did, I surprised her.  See, that just means you can't judge a book by the cover.  It was truly fun and challenging and I am looking forward to doing it again next week. 

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Good for you! Classes like that can be intimidating but only if we let them.

Dee said...

All I can think to say is....wow!

Donna's Book Nook said...

Always good when you can have fun doing something good for you!

Rebecca said...

I am impressed! I think I may need to "kick and scream" a bit myself to get the pounds I've gained off!

Keep it up, Gina. You are an inspiration and encouragement to me.