Monday, September 29, 2008

Fun With Chicken


We worked on the front of the house all afternoon. Washed down the siding, overhangs, light fixtures, railings as well as the windows in and out. It needed to be done on the balcony as well as the front porch. We couldn't ask for a better day, sunny, temps in the 60's and no wind.

Around 5:00 I began to think about dinner. We didn't have enough in the budget to go out again and I had some thawed chicken in the fridge that needed to be cooked. What to do? I get so bored with chicken, it's always the same.

I decided to pull out an old cookbook and started to look for a recipe that calls for ingredients that I had on hand. The problem is I need to go shopping and each recipe had some ingredients I had and some I didn't. So now what? I started to play and in the end I came up with a Caribbean style chicken that my family loved. The sauteed chicken was topped with a topping that consisted of lemon juice, brown sugar, coconut, raisins, onions and butter and then baked. (Okay, so it wasn't low fat)! I served it with brown rice and a mixed green salad with pineapple.

I am not a photographer but this is sort of what the chicken looked like. Need less to say, I ended up being creative and had fun in the process.

No comments: