Monday, September 22, 2008

...of mice and men.


I worked Sunday afternoons holding open a model home until four weeks ago. There are people moving in now and I no longer have a job. The problem is I need a princess job...my son leaves for school at 6:30 a.m. and returns home about 2:30 p.m. four days a week. Who is going to hire me for those hours? I can work nights and weekends but the economy is horrible here in Michigan...

In the egress window at the model home lived two frogs, an assortment of spiders and a very small, furry mouse. It was great to go down into the basement every week and see my own little eco system. The last time I was down, I saw that little mouse all curled up in the sash of the window sleeping contentedly. I began to related to that little mouse. I am very content living in my own little world, not willing to try to escape from my small surroundings. I love just being in my home cleaning, cooking, reading, watching TV...not venturing too far.

I use to live and work in the Carolinas and miss it terribly. I long to go back. I guess that is why I curl up and sleep. It is time to venture out and move on, what ever that means.

I found a part time job at the Disney Store and I am still looking for other work. I need to get more involved at church and get to know more people. I am just not sure how to do it, it has been so long.

Help me Lord not to be too content and sleepy and also help me to trust you to move me out of my little window.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Gina, I can relate to this so much. I also am trying to find my princess job. It may come in the form of some freelance writing opportunities. My ideal job would be from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. with holidays off as well as the same days off that my son's school has off. And also the flexibility to come in later in case there is a school weather delay.