Monday, May 18, 2009

Family


My daughter had some work in the area Thursday and Friday. We haven't seen her since Christmas, so when she asked if she could crash at our house, we jumped at the chance. It was incredibly good to see her and her little doggies. We love our grandpuppies to pieces and so did Oliver, even though Tilly and Kally didn't care for him quite as much as he cared for them.


She came loaded with gifts from Trader Joe's (I made a recipe to use up the fast ripening pears she brought in, you can read it here).

My daughter is a publisher, an author of her's was speaking at a local church. So, on Thursday evening, she and I went to the mall for a quick visit at a store that she loves to shop in (they do not have this particular store where she lives), and then off to hear the author speak. The next day she was up and gone early to meet with this author and I had our little Tilly and Kally (Long Haired Tea Cup Chihuahuas) all day. We had such fun, the girls, Oliver and I. When my daughter came back home, we had a quick dinner (that she made, Wahoo!!!) and then she and the dogs left to catch a plane back home.

It was a very fast visit. I miss both my girls so much, that even a quick visit is a treasured treat for me.

Ahhh...nothing like family...

7 comments:

Dee said...

Hi, Your daughter is very pretty. She has your smile. The grand pups are adorable. I wish my grand pups were that small. It is nice you got to have a visit with your daughter even if it was a whirlwind visit. Its so true..there is nothing like family. Dee

Cindy said...

I'm sure having her visit was such a blessing!

Life with Linda said...

She is beautiful! Oh you must be so proud of your girls!!!

Pat said...

Family is the best! I'm glad you had a sweet visit and some mother/daughter time together. It's a special relationship and what a blessing it is!

Joyce said...

Those little dogs are too cute : )

Daughter time is awesome!

Kate said...

What a beautiful girl Gina. It must be hard having your girls live farther away. But you have made them independent and strong young women and that's a great gift for a mom to give to her daughters. And...when they do visit, the visits are all the sweeter: )

lori bunk said...

i miss her too!