Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Breakthrough

I loved being on vacation and spending time with my family, especially my girls. The weather was warm, the company wonderful and even though we spent a lot of time cooking and picking up behind the kids and dogs, it was refreshing.

That is until we started the ride home...

Since then I have been tired. Not just a little tired, but eyes burning, nose hurting, stomach nauseous, bone tired.

This is my struggle, do I give in and go back to bed and sleep for several days or do I suck it up and keep pushing myself?

As I looked around this morning, Kevin was heading out to work slumped shouldered and Lance wasn't even talking (which is just not like him) as he waited for the bus and I realized that none of us are happy to be back in the snow and cold, with our family so far away from us and having to return to normal, everyday routines.

I have tried to psych myself up and make all these plans, such as getting together with some friends, getting the house back into its pre-christmas shape, start the painting and curtain sewing that I want to do or even going to the gym and sitting on the recumbent bike, but I just can't do it. Not yet...

So here I sit, avoiding all my responsibilities, and feeling more tired.

I need a breakthrough...but until then, I think I am going to take a morning nap.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I can tell your heart is back "home" with your girls. I have no answers but I will be lifting you up in prayer that the Lord will give direction and bring some joy into your lives. Winter in the midwest is hard with the cold and clouds.

Brig and Gina said...

...sometimes you need a morning nap...

Dee said...

Gina, Thank you for your kind comment on the loss of my friend Judy. Judy was a committed christian lady, and i know she is with Jesus. I am sorry you don;t feel well. I wouldn't push myself to hard. I would rest. You probably will feel better quicker. Your daughter is beautiful. It looks like she has your smile. Get well soon. Dee