Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 20, 2009

One of my very quiet/private New Years resolutions was to try to have a more positive outlook. This hasn't been easy, given the fact that I come from an extremely negative gene pool. This is something I need to work on every day. Some days are fine and perhaps, I can even say good, while other days, well that's why I needed to make some changes.

It is with this positive attitude that I wanted to contemplate the events of Tuesday, January 20, 2009.

Barack Obama will be sworn in as our 44th president of the United States. I cannot dismiss the historical significance of this day. He will be the first African American ever to hold this office. I am intrigued by him to say the least. I don't remember having ever seen this kind of excitement for a president, except maybe John F. Kennedy. The man seems like he wants to make a difference in our country. Seeing him volunteer yesterday, makes me want to believe all he says about giving and helping.

Even though I differ in thinking about many moral issues, I am committing myself to pray for this man. I'll pray for his and his family's protection, his decisions, that they will be good and right for our county. I will pray that he will have the courage to stand up to our enemies around the world, and that he will be a Godly man. I will also pray for our country under his leadership that we will continue to be a great country and God will have mercy on us.

I am going to say...I will miss President George Bush. Yes, I was one of his few supporters and I appreciated his devotion to God and his country.

May God Bless you President Obama!

4 comments:

Life with Linda said...

love the quote today!!! and I agree....with you!

Becky said...

I too commit to pray for our new president, his decisions, his morals and his family. I love this country and repect the office of President of The US.

Cindy said...

I liked Bush too. I don't take anything away from the history that has been made with Obama and I also am praying for him. I just wish the throngs would understand that he is just a man, not a messiah...

Anonymous said...

To be honest I don't trust him at all. But I think being cautiously optimistic is the best way handle things.

And of course we will all need to PRAY like crazy! (o:

Very nice post!

Blessings....