Friday, November 14, 2008

Facebook Warnings

I joined facebook quite awhile ago at the request of a friend I use to work with. I joined, but being somewhat computer illiterate, I didn't know how to use it and besides I was pretty sick at the time and could barely keep up with my e-mail.

Well, a few months back, I got back on and started to figure it out and even though I still need a lot of instruction on how to use the program, I am basically an official facebooker.

I love it...it is amazing that some old friends have found me and we have reconnected. I also have talked a few of my family members to join and it is fun to see what they are doing throughout their day. We can post pictures for each other to enjoy and best of all you can throw a purple octopus at someone. (Sorry to anyone who is not a Wings fan.)

THIS IS MY WARNING!!! If you really don't want to know what your young nephew or cousin is doing, don't accept their request of friendship. Yikes, I knew these kids (okay, I will give them credit and let you know that they are young adults), had fun away from home, but golly gee, I have been naive. Some of the things people post online for everyone to see is frightening.

Enough of my old age, head in sand, naive rants. I love facebook and it's fun.

Gina is excited to be blogging at the moment.

Oh, and one more warning, it will suck you in.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I love face book too! I am sucked in! I check a couple times a day to see what people ae doing. I go to the wiget factory to get my pay every six hours or as close as I can. I prune my farm. Through food at people, and I have a snowman army. Look me up. Becky McClelland

Cindy said...

This blog is enough for me. I do have a myspace account because I wanted to check on my own kids pages when they started but I've never set up a page. You're right though, if you don't want to know, don't get on their friends list! lol! Sometimes ignorance really is bliss...