Thursday, March 5, 2009

Amazing Man of God

The Southeast Michigan Joni and Friends, which Kevin and I are a part of, is having it's big kick off Saturday night called "Lift Off: Life Without Limits". We are here to encourage and help equip the local churches to reach out to families and individuals affected by disabilities.

Nick Vujicic is our keynote speaker. If you have never heard Nick speak you need to take a few moments and watch this video. He is an amazing man of God and is being used by God all over the world, especially to young people. His ministry is Life Without Limbs.

Be blessed!

5 comments:

Life with Linda said...

Renee' was telling us about him on saturday!

Donna's Book Nook said...

Gina--I have seen a clip of Nick once before; he is absolutely amazing and an inspiration to so many.

I admire you for your positive outlook; I have no idea what it's like to live with a disabled child. You are an inspiration and a blessing. Donna

Joyce said...

Thanks for the link Gina. Really incredible and convicting too. I bet he will be awesome to hear in person.

I love Joni and her ministry. My mother met her once in an airport. My mom was on her way to her own mother's (my grandmom) to move her into an assisted living home and my mom was really feeling down. Joni ended up sitting beside her as they were waiting for their flight and she was so sweet and encouraging and it meant so much to my mother.

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I agree...it doesn't matter if our kids are one hour or 10 hours away from us...away is away! I intend to do a little spoiling next week : )

Hope your kick off event is a huge success and a real blessing...Joyce

Dee said...

He is an amazing disciple of Christ. Toatally amazing!!! Dee

Cindy said...

My computer is too slow to do the video but I've heard of Nick. I think your involvement in Joni and Friends is wonderful. I'm still encouraging my daughter to go to the retreat this summer as helper.