Friday, March 13, 2009

What We Can't Do Without

This morning I got up and knew that I would be talking with my daughter, my sister and my brother so I started to look for my cell phone. I CAN'T FIND IT!!! It is driving me nuts... I did call my sister from my land line, but it is still bothering me. It's like a piece of me is missing.

I started to laugh and thought about the things (note that this says things) that I absolutely cannot do without.

Of course my cell phone: I always have it with me, or at least close by me. I use it not only to talk with my family, all Lance's doctors, therapists, school and agencies we work with, only have this number. I also use it for a watch, mine broke and I haven't replaced it.

My Bible: It goes where ever I go.

My chapstick: I only put on lipstick when I leave the house, any other time I have my Burt's Bees on.

Music: I have to have music...all different kinds of music. I need music.

My sweats: I wear these anytime I am at home.

The car: Because of the economy, I hardly ever leave home now, but if I didn't have a car in the garage I would feel like a part of me is missing.

My computer: I turn it on first thing in the morning to check my e-mail. I also use it to store recipes, check weather, find movies for Lance, find phone numbers and of course blog and facebook.

Hand lotion: I have to have lotion on my hands continually.

My shower: If I can't shower everyday I feel nasty

Books: I cannot be without a book of some kind, even if I only read a line a day. I have at least four books going at the moment.

And last but not least:

Reality TV: I DVR all these silly shows and find myself getting upset if I miss them. The Biggest Loser, American Idol, Survivor, Jon & Kate Plus 8, Little People Big World, 18 and Counting, HGTV: Design Star and the The Next Food Network Star. (The new season for these last two haven't started yet, but I can't wait!)

So there you have it. Can I do without these things, probably, but I would walk around in circles until I got use to not having them. In the meantime, I have circled the great room eight times and checked between the cushions on the couch and riffled through my purse, I am sure I left that darn phone in the great room after I talked with Brigette. .. Rats...

5 comments:

Cindy said...

This was fun to read. I may use this topic list for a post this weekend and it will be interesting to see what I come up with after thinking about this. I hope you find your phone. I assume you tried calling yourself to see if you hear it ring?

Brig and Gina said...

well now I know not to call you until later! lol

Donna's Book Nook said...

Amazing! I have about the same list as you, but I wear shorts instead of sweats (almost all year long) and I don't like ALL reality TV. Hope you found your phone!

By the way, I tagged you on my blog, but I don't think the link worked. I guess I need a "blogging for idiots" book! Donna

Joyce said...

Hope you found your phone. What are you reading...I'm a book junkie too : ) And music...gotta have music!

Becky said...

I hope you find your phone. I can't live without mine either. It is with me constantly. I completely understand that! I really enjoyed reading your blog Gina, it made me laugh and think of what it is I can't do with out!