Friday, March 6, 2009

Rejoice

Okay, I admit it, I am a creature moved by the weather!

It is in the low sixties today and could possibly break a record. I feel ecstatic, elated, I feel deliriously happy!!! Was it only a few days ago, that I was in the "depths of despair" (Anne Shirley).

Give me sunshine and a balmy day and I am yours.

It is so funny, because when I am like this I start quoting scriptures.

This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it...Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice...I will bless the Lord at all times, His praise will continually be in my mouth.

Why can't I do what I quote? Rejoice everyday, no matter what. Rejoice always, no matter what. Bless the Lord at all times, no matter what.

I am fickle and I am faithless at times, but today I am grateful.

Thank you Lord for your love and patience and for the wonderful sunshine.

7 comments:

Brig and Gina said...

I am also enjoying a sunny day...way to go God!

Dee said...

Hi, I just got back from enjoying my sunny day. I also wish ~ i could keep on a daily basis ~ my joy ~ my trust ~ my putting God first in all things ~ but alas it is a day by day choice. Dee

Joyce said...

Sunny days make everything better. The weather here can be so gloomy for days and days and days in a row. It has made me so much more grateful for the sunshine and I really do think of it as a gift. God seems to know when I can't take one more gray day and He'll send a really beautiful one along : )

Donna's Book Nook said...

Amen! I wore short sleeves and Hurachi's (sp?) without socks yesterday afternoon as I was out running errands. I'm like you, though, and have made an effort to rejoice, no matter what. Donna

Cindy said...

It was 69 degrees here so I also was loving the day. It really does make a difference. Before we know it, we'll be complaining about 90 degrees and humidity! At least I will because I don't tolerate that kind of heat very well. lol! Give me temps in the 70's and I'm living in bliss.

Gina said...

LOL!! You are so right Cindy and I will be the first one complaining. Go figure.

Becky said...

Today was a beautiful day as was yesterday. I love this weather. It soes make everything look and seem better. But I will be the first one to say I am also fickle, actually I think we call that being human.