Monday, October 13, 2008

A Big Breath of Fresh Air


My day has been hectic. I didn't go anywhere or really do anything important.

I stayed home and vacuumed, dusted, washed the dishes. I did a couple loads of laundry. I chased Oliver up and down the stairs (he is not allowed on the second floor). I talked with my sister, brother and daughter. I cleaned up a pee and poo accident from Oliver. I made beds and tried organize Lance's closet. I had to discipline Oliver because I got too close to his food dish and he growled at me.

That's when I started to feel really overwhelmed. Why is it, when the simplest things in life don't go quite the way we think, we lose it?

Okay, I need some fresh air. I went out on the balcony and took a big breath, I sat down and started thanking God for the little things in my life. (I need to remind myself of these things every so often)

We have water to wash the clothes in, there is enough food in the house to dirty the dishes. I really enjoy the way made beds look and it's not hard to do at all. I love talking with my family, I look forward to it every day. Even Oliver is a blessing, it wasn't too long ago that I cried because I thought I wouldn't see him again and to tell you the truth, it was fun watching him try to sneak up the stairs when he thought I wasn't looking. It is beautiful outside and looking at the river calms me.

I needed this.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Thank you for reminding me to be thankful for the little daily things like chores and the convenient ways to get them done. I had a busy day too but feel I don't have much to show for it! lol

Life with Linda said...

Hey your life sound like mine...minus the pet. email me and tell me where you're living now that has a balcony and a view of the river...and, I saw your name on my bible study list LOL!
I guess you came when I was "on sabbatical"