Friday, April 17, 2009

A New Beginning

I know this doesn't make sense...January is the month for making changes in our lives. We start our diets or exercising. We have good intentions, but within a month, these thoughts are gone and our resolutions have gone to the wayside.

So...I am making some changes in my life in the month of April.

I have started an accountability blog titled The Healthy Dream.

In this blog I will share my thoughts and my ambitions. I will post my progress concerning all my lifestyle changes. They will include the usual, weight loss and exercise. They will also include changes in my health, my home and my environment. I will do some research and try some experiments. But most importantly I will be honest and to anyone who wants to follow along, I will be accountable to you.

http://thehealthydream.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Cindy said...

That's a great idea. I thought about doing something similar where I can focus on my goals without it being boring to others who don't have the same struggle.

That's why I have my other blog specifically for Bible study, so it won't be distracted by the everyday stuff I write at Letters From Midlife.

I'll check out the other blog and maybe I'll start a similar one of my own!

Donna's Book Nook said...

I'll check out your new blog. I started a new beginning 3 weeks ago and have lost 8#. My sisters are my accountability people for now.
I applaud your new beginning! Donna

Joyce said...

Sounds great Gina. I'll check it out once I'm back home. We're in the states this week and my husbands laptop is difficult, for me anyway : ) I've made some diet/excercise changes since January and it's pretty slow going but I'm trying to keep at it. Have a great weekend!

Rebecca said...

I'm "following" you, girl! I, too, am on the re-journey to health. Sad to say, I've been here before, but HAPPY to say I'm here again!

Are you involved in a Camp/Conference ministry? I ask, because my husband used to direct a camp near Kalamazoo. I wondered if we met in "another life"?

Did you catch my direction for how to create a link to another site within your post?