Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sabotage

I really did start a new blog yesterday and I really did post about a lifestyle change yesterday. I really do want to get healthy and I really do want to want to lose weight, even a small amount of weight.

Well Kevin Sabotaged me. He didn't do this on purpose, it just happened that way. Last night we had plans to drop off Lance and Erin, his staff person, at church for movie night and we were going to go to Papa John's. Papa John's is an amazing European Market with fruits, veggies, fresh everything including meat, fish, poultry, bread, cheese and even a cafe were you can have some fantastic salads. Yes, that was the plan...until Erin came in with a kite. Because it was an absolutely gorgeous day, she thought it would be fun to go fly that kite at the beach and get some ice cream after. The plans changed and Lance and her went kite flying.

And that's when the sabotage began!!!! Kevin decided he wanted to go to P.F. Chang's for dinner. Okay, I would be lying if I led you to believe that I didn't jump at the chance, because we never go to places like this. In fact our dates have been consisting of coffee and Barnes and Noble. Now I like, coffee and Barnes and Noble, so I am not complaining, it's just we very rarely go to a nice place like Chang's.


They have a new menu item called Chang's for two.
I had the Hot and Sour Soup and Kevin had the Egg Drop Soup.



We shared the Lettuce Wraps


I had some Sesame Chicken and Kevin had the Sweet and Sour Chicken, please note the little effort at eating healthy, Brown Rice


Then came the clincher, mini desserts. Yea, I had to, HAD TO I TELL YOU!!! have the tiramisu

Well, as Scarlett O'Hara would say "Tomorrow IS another day". Shhhhh, don't tell anyone, I have left overs for lunch. Thank goodness Tomorrow is another day.

1 comment:

Donna's Book Nook said...

What a nice treat. Don't beat yourself up. I had a little setback myself--went to some friend's for dinner and had peach pie and ice cream. Like you say, there's always tomorrow. I DID walk 2 miles this morning, hoping to make up for it. Donna