Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Open Days

Today...

What will today bring?
I have no plans at the moment.
Lance is home on Spring break, so I was unable to go to prayer.
Let's see...
Clean our bedroom and wash sheets?
Clean the bathroom too?
Read another chapter from The Voyage of the Dawn Treader to Lance?
Spend some more time than usual with the Lord?
Type up the minutes from a board meeting held two weeks ago?
Check in on Angela? She had some oral surgery yesterday and didn't tell me about it.
Give Oliver a bath? He is not going to like this.
Check in on Phil?
Find out if Brigette finished her taxes?
Go for a walk this afternoon?
Organize the office?
Begin my exercise program?
Take the whole day off and read?

Don't you love open days?

They are so full of promise...no obligations...make them what we want them to be...open days...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe it will bring all of these things :)

I am feeling lots of possibilities for the next months ahead myself. I want to make a list of all the things I would want to get done or start to feel more "free" and less weighted down. I am going to make that list this afternoon while sipping a cup of coffee, because there are too many mosquito goals, pesky goals, buzzing around me.

I heard a request from an African bishop once to one of our US bishops who wanted to give one extra month's salary to his priests (like $200 US) because they were always stressed about where their resources might be coming from. The bishop said he wanted to "Help the dreamers sleep."

Brig and Gina said...

scratch one off the list...taxes completed!

Cindy said...

I love open days. I always have something to do around the house but even with those chores I find days that I can be spontaneous and do something I didn't plan on beforehand.

Dee said...

Frank and i have so many open days we are spoiled. When we (have) to do something we get muttled. Dee

Becky said...

Open days are good when you can do whatevr and not have a care in the world...I love them! DOn't seem to have many but looking forward to summer!

Donna's Book Nook said...

Open days are great! I have more of them now that I'm retired. However, I have a lot of projects I'd like to do, so I really need to make a list in order to be a little bit productive. Donna

Unknown said...

I do love those open days. Looking forward to another one.

From my heart,

Sheryl

P.S. Thanks for following my blog.