Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tidbits and Updates

Just a list of tidbits and updates in my little world.
  • Took Lance to a new doctor and he absolutely agrees that we should not do surgery for Lance's brainstem compression right now. He feels that it would do more harm than good. I am so relieved since it is so very risky.
  • Feeling better from Monday's asthma attack. The only issue I have right now is extremely bright red cheeks from the steroids they have me on.
  • Found myself humming in the store yesterday...it has been three years since I have hummed at all, let alone in a store.
  • Cleaned my stove, microwave, dishwasher and rearranged some drawers in the kitchen.
  • Had a wonderful prayer time this morning.
  • Rejoicing with Lisa about Emma's test score of 98%.
  • Lance bought the Kung Fu Panda video with a gift card we found from Christmas, he is so happy.
  • Finished my first Excel class with flying colors and signed up for the next one.
  • Feeling good about the progress I am making with Oliver, he is turning into the cutest and sweetest doggie.
  • Kevin is not stressing over not getting enough hours at work anymore. He is learning to trust God to provide our daily bread.
  • I am not spending as much time on the computer, except for homework. This is a good and bad thing. Good because I have other things to do which keep me busy and bad because I am not able stop by the blogs I like to visit everyday.
  • My dad stopped over today, I don't see him very often.
  • The Wings are in the second series of playoff games, they are playing the Anaheim Ducks. (We will trounce them!!!)

I find I happier than I have been in a long time. Go figure, in a world full of chaos and trouble, I am finding my stride. Hmmmm....

4 comments:

Becky said...

I am gald you are happier Gina. Have a wonderful day and I am happy about Lance's doctor visit.

Donna's Book Nook said...

What a wonderful thing to be happy and at peace in a world of uncertainty. Thank goodness, we have the certainty that God is in control! Good new about Lance! Donna

Life with Linda said...

I'm so happy you are humming again! I find I have song in my head almost always....it reflects my mood....sometimes it's a peppy victory song and sometimes a dirge..ha!

Cindy said...

I enjoyed reading your list. I'm glad the days seem brighter for you.